Welcome to Halfway up the Stairs! We are a children’s bookshop based in Greystones, Co Wicklow. We stock books for all children – from babies right up to young adult – and we also stock a wide range of high quality toys and gifts. We have recently launched subscriptions and gift boxes – see The Gift of Books service here.
We feel it is important to have a wide range of books, stocking not only bestsellers but also new, diverse and imaginative books. We have a strong representation of Irish authors and a comprehensive Irish language section.
We have a selection of our most popular and highly recommended books available to buy here on our website. Please search through the categories or use the tags for our most loved books. If you would like to order anything you do not see in our online shop, please fill in the form here, or visit us in the shop. We have also included some bestselling children’s books in our Bestsellers category. We will continue to add more toys and games to the website.
We were delighted to be nominated for Children’s Bookseller of the Year 2021 (Ireland & the UK). See more info here
OPEN MONDAY TO SATURDAY
10am to 5pm
ORDER ONLINE here for Click & Collect and Posting
FOR RECOMMENDATIONS OR QUERIES, OR TO SPEND VOUCHERS,
PLEASE EMAIL email@example.com OR PHONE 01 2873002
THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT THIS YEAR – IT REALLY IS APPRECIATED!
WE OFFER NATIONWIDE POSTING for €4.50.
For orders over €70, we offer FREE nationwide posting.
Thank you for supporting a local, independent business!
Monday to Saturday 10:00 – 5:00
Halfway up the Stairs,
Unit 1 Malvern,
La Touche Place,
Guidelines for Customers
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU ENTER THE SHOP
Only one family unit or two individual customers in the shop at a time. We ask that customers wait outside in a socially distant manner.
Please wear a mask. Our staff will wear masks at all times and we have a screen in place at the till.
- On entry to the shop, please clean your hands thoroughly with hand sanitiser
- Please ensure children are closely supervised and adhere to the guidelines
- Please do not bring any food or drinks into the shop
- Please be mindful of how long you spend browsing, especially if there is a queue outside
- Please observe social distancing between you and staff or other customers in the shop
- Please only handle items you are considering purchasing
- Card payments are preferable where possible
- Please respect these measures for your and our staff’s safety
Thank you for your cooperation and your continued support